See It, Dream It, Make It

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

I indulged in some colour co-ordinated decorations for the kitchen. Purely frivolous, I know. However, I didn't realise quite how taken Little E would be with them. For her it wasn't the colours, instead the mere thought that she could make one too.

She took up her crayons and started drawing. Each branch and decoration was narrated with delight. Once the picture was finished, we had to admit that yes, she could make one too.

We took the secateurs and trimmed some dead branches off the magnolia tree outside. After some more trimming and a spare box of baubles it was finished.

I cannot help but admire her systematic approach to making this happen. She is used me pouring over drawings of hypothetical renovations and projects with my father and a cup of coffee, as well as the occasional sewing project. Perhaps it runs in the family.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Kids love the shiny stuff don't they-what a cool drawing. I really like the colour of those baubles. My nearly two year olds fave phrase at the mo is "jingle bells all the way"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little E made a lovely job, would love one of those trees in my house.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. I would love to hear from you.

Search This Blog

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *