Tropical Polar Bear Cake

Thursday, May 07, 2009


The Great New Zealand Bake Off stopped in our town last night. The weather was miserable so it was nice to be inside with lots of very yummy food.

The overall winner was a parsnip cake, followed by pinot and lemon muffins (from Martinborough of course) and rhubarb streusel slice.

My contribution was this lovely coconut cake, which I shall refer to as the Tropical Polar Bear Cake. This is a shot of the trial cake I made over the weekend. For a teetotaller, my dearest gets a little too excited about the Malibu frosting. He’s requested one for his birthday next week.

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Wow, I wish that was my yellow formica table with such a beautiful cake and POOLEWARE on it!
    What a lovely shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard Allyson speak at the Library here in Palmerston North and she was fantastic! Really enjoyed it. We didn't have a bake off, but we did have cup cakes from her book were really yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My whole life I have wanted to eat coconut cake, but I am so afraid it won't live up to the expectations. Someday i am going to have to just do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cake looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. I would love to hear from you.

Search This Blog

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *