How Beautiful..

Friday, January 18, 2008

One of my passions is china. Some would call it a weakness. Upon seeing laden china cabinets I occasionally have to admit it is a vice. Another vice of mine would have to be fabric and so to combine the two is sublime.

When a friend asked me to make some tea cosies for her store I jumped at the challenge. After pouring over the fabric combinations and thinking about what went with my china this emerged:

Taking a break so to speak and reminding me of the Spanish proverb “How beautiful it is to do nothing and rest afterward”.

I have been busy sewing this week, working on a quilt of dress blocks. While it is not yet finished, I will just mention it in passing, say at this stage it could be more blue than the pink it started as and save the unveiling for later.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Hi Amy. Thanks for your comment on my blog. It is always nice to discover new local craft bloggers! I love that tea-cosy. I might have to add that to my ever-growing list of projects to make. And that quilt is just lovely. Looking forward to seeing some more of your work. Take care, Louise

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. I would love to hear from you.

Search This Blog

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *